beige

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Big Boy and Bad Mother

William turned one a couple weeks ago! If I was a good mom, I would have documented everything about that day as it happened and written a novel on here that very night. If only...

I will write about it. The biggest delay has been getting the pictures off of my mom's camera. Who wants to hear about a birthday party without pictures? Not me.

But, while we're on the topic of me being a bad mom. Here's another one to add to the list. I did probably the worst thing that you could do as a mother. I left my baby in the parking lot. Strapped into his carseat. Just sitting there. Now, I could make a million excuses as to why it happened: like, I was busy putting other things in the car, I thought andrew put him in, I didn't see him...the list could go on. But when it comes down to it, the real reason is that I am a BAD MOTHER.

Luckily, William has a guardian angel. We were leaving Costa Vida. I was in reverse (without will in the car. He was off to the right side of my car). I heard a honk, thinking it was for somebody else. I looked back and saw a big truck blocking my path. I was cursing him under my breath. Thinking what a jerk he was for blocking me in. I started to reverse anyways thinking "I'll show him." Then I see a man jump out of the truck and to the side of my car. I didn't see his face but then andrew (who was getting on the scooter to drive it home) ran over and said "We forgot to put william in the car." Initially, I felt like a fool. But, as I drove home I just kept running through horrible scenarios in my head. By the time i got home I was almost crying. Chalk another one up for bad mother of the year.

Thank Heavens for those who look out for strangers. I never even saw the man's face. I asked andrew later what the man had said. He said he simply yelled "BABY!"

1 comment:

  1. oh that would be so scary. It really happens to the best of us though. You are not a bad mom.

    ReplyDelete