We have an intramural basketball team that Andrew, Hannah, Levi, and I play on (plus a couple friends). I love basketball. But, I have to admit that my worst side comes out on the basketball court. I try so hard, but I always end up hating the other team. It gets personal, and I get physical. This semi-black eye here proves it. I also had holes in my cheeks from jumping in front of a fast black guy going for a break-away. I hate the way I feel after a basketball game. Even if we win. I feel mean and angry. Not my best self. I need to find a way to have fun with the other team, not try to kill them.
Side note: for some reason, all the teams we play go crazy on us. A couple of guys on the other teams got Technical Fouls and one was even thrown out. I guess we bring out the worst in others too. Sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment