beige

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mr. Poopy Pants



It's been a week and 2 days now of constant pooping. Poor william has been having such nasty poops. Maybe not the most glamorous thing to blog about, but, hey, that's life. It started last thursday...maybe wednesday...it's all a blur. Grandma, that looks weird when it's in writing, "Grandma"...hmmm, maybe grannie linnie...grandma linn...the grandma title is still up in the air. Anyways, my mom left for a St. George golfing trip with the girls on thursday. So, the nurse of the house was gone for the worst of the pooping escapade. It was really worrying me. Every diaper we changed was wet with what seemed to be baby diarrhea (sorry for you weak-stomach-readers out there). And we were changing diapers every hour.

Well, that went on for a week and today we decided (with the help from the local nurse, haha) to stop giving him juice. It seems to be getting better already.

The worst part about this whole thing is that poor helpless little Will has been getting sores on his bum. So bad they even bled sometimes. He would cry and cry when we wiped his sore little bum. I wanted to cry, and sometimes did, because I felt like such a bad mom. And i could see in his sad little eyes what he was thinking "why are you doing this to me, mom?"

I'm sure this is the first of just a lifetime of things that I will feel powerless over, but man...I don't like it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad I think we all go through it. MaK was super little when she got the worst bum rash ever cuz her poo was liquid for so long. Aquafor is really good ointment! I swear by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budreaux's (sp?) Butt Paste is really good for that too. Also my doctor told me there's a diaper rash cream called "Calmoseptine" that you can get behind the pharmacy counter. You could try those. I'm sorry for little Will, that is so so sad. Good luck, though.

    ReplyDelete