beige

Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Levi!

My sister in law, Jesse, had her baby on January 5th. Beautiful little Woodson. She had to get her gall bladder out a few weeks later. Bless her heart. I can't imagine trying to take care of a new born (feeding ALL the time) when you are unconscious from meds. Well, Levi's birthday was on January 30th. Jesse had just had her surgery days before, so I made the cake. I wanted to try something new. They requested a carrot cake, which I LOVE! So, that was new. I haven't made one of those yet. I also wanted it to be a fun cake. Levi loves golf, so I googled golf cakes. After some surfing, I had a plan. With some minor bumps in the road, this was the end result.



It came out so much better than I ever thought it would. It was a blast to make. The lettering scared me the most, but it turned out pretty good. The cake was soooo good too. I found a great recipe online. The key to a good carrot cake is the cream cheese frosting, I think. The actual cake recipe was pretty simple. Here it the link http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Triple-Layer-Carrot-Cake-with-Cream-Cheese-Frosting-799




3 comments:

  1. Thanks again and again for making it! It was AMAZING!!! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun seeing all the cakes that you are making! You do a great job!!

    ReplyDelete