beige

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

50 Golden Years

My mom had her 50th birthday on saturday. 2 weeks before that, she tore her entire calf while playing tennis. Needless to say, the birthday was looking to be a hard one. I wanted it to be special. A golden celebration of life, rather than a black look on the future. I made a book for her, full of memories her closest friends and family had written. I also made video with songs and pictures from her life.
Of course, I HAD to make a cake. Even though i was very stretched on time, i decided to make an elaborate golden cake.

Well, I made it with carrot cake, which was soooo yummy :) It ended up looking like this.



The gold color turned out even better than I thought it would. Yay! Another cake success!

4 comments:

  1. i love it! you are so talented! will you make me a birthday cake? my bday's march 15 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! but...aren't you in Denver?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're cakes are so adorable. What would you charge to make one for sophies birthday? Or at least a little one that she could tear apart. Call me or reply on my Facebook. Gretch should have my number.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are pretty much amazing!

    ReplyDelete