beige

Friday, March 4, 2011

Made to Order...

So, this family blog is turning out to be more of a cake blog. I guess that is just what I'm into at the moment.

The latest cake was my first commissioned cake (ha, that makes me sound like DaVinci or somthing). Well, Sarrah Collins, was manning, asked me to make a cake for her litte Sophie's first birthday. They requested a cowgirl boot. It took a lot of research to come up with what I wanted, because I guess I just don't have cute cowgirl boots in my head...

I really wanted to try my hand at buttercream frosting again, last time didn't work out too well. I did it. And it was delicious. And, it looked almost as good as fondant. I'm so happy that I can add that to my list.

I made a banana cake, perfect for a baby, with buttercream frosting. I made some little cupcakes too, mostly just so I could have some too :) Soooo yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment