beige

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Big Boy Bed



This is what I walked in on when William got up from his nap on thursday. It was only a matter of time really. Some of you may already know, but we built the crib. It was a great crib for a long time. But, I knew the day would come that Will would out-muscle those little slats. Unfortunately, the gap without that slat was just the right size to put Lil Will's big head through. I didn't know what to do. Andrew and I talked about it for awhile.... "should we buy a whole new crib?" "maybe a pack and play would work well enough" "what about a toddler bed?...is he even old enough for a toddler bed?"

Well, we did a little research online and decided to try our luck with a toddler bed. We ran to Walmart before bed time and grabbed one, thinking we could throw it together in a few minutes. Not so. We were almost finished putting it together, when we realized we put one part upside down and had to take the whole thing apart again and start over! Soooo frustrating! Especially with Will screaming the whole time. We finally got him to bed at about 11.



After a minute of crying in bed. All was silent. A couple minutes later, a thud. Andrew went in to find will still wrapped in his blankets on the floor trying to get back onto his bed. Since then he has done wonderfully in his new bed. He loves it! Especially the fact that he can reach the light. He turns it off all the time. And in the morning, instead of hearing crying, I hear him trying to open the door. A little easier on the ears.

So, one broken slat and one tumble out of bed later, and my little boy is forced into toddlerhood.

1 comment:

  1. I was gonna say, "he's too little!" Then I saw the picture of him laying in it, and...he fits! Then I say, this cannot be happening. He can't be growing up this fast! I loved talking with him on skype this morning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete