beige

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Old Friends



Facebook may be a waste of time. In fact, when I usually find myself wasting time, facebook is at the heart of it. But, there is definitely a silver lining to it, and a worthy reason to keep it around. A couple weeks ago, a woman that was baptized in latvia that I helped teach randomly added me as a friend on facebook. This may seem inconsequential to some, but to me, this was a miracle. I have been thinking about her and wondering about her and her family on and off for the past 3 years. I had no idea if she was still going to church, or still alive for that matter. We have been chatting a bit and I am so grateful for the bond that we have. She doesn't have family or friends around her there, and I think our chats help brighten her day. But I'm sure it is doing more for me than it does for her. I found out today that the sister missionaries(which were both my students at the MTC) are coming to her house to visit her tomorrow. What a huge relief for me that there are people watching out for her there.

Also, Heidi is coming for the weekend! Anyone that knew me in high school or college knows heidi. Rarely were our names used alone in a sentence. Are Heidi and Ellie coming? What are Heidi and Ellie doing? We were frequently teased on dates because by the end of the date, the guy knew more about the friend then the girl he took on the date. Haha! Since she moved to texas though, we really haven't spoken much. I'm excited to see her and catch up.

Yay for reuniting with old friends.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful heart you have! I'm thrilled that the Sisters are teaching her now. Your influence continues to change lives, even after you left Latvia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've convinced me! I need to get back on the book of Face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus, I wanna see Heidi! Tell her hi from her "mom abroad".
    And I loved the story of the Latvian sister. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete