beige

Monday, August 30, 2010

Change?

I'm no good with change. I realized that mostly on my mission. It was always hard to leave friends in an area. I'm even worse with goodbyes. No, I don't usually cry. I think that's why I'm so bad with them. I don't show much emotion at all and it's really not like a goodbye at all.

Well, on saturday I had to say goodbye to the group of missionaries I have been teaching for the past 9 weeks (except for a 3 week break when william came.) This group has been wonderful. Each missionary has a very different personality, but I loved them all. They were all truly striving to serve the Lord with all their heart, might, and mind. Every week I had a chance to sit down with them and discuss their concerns and goals. I grew close to them as they expressed their weaknesses, hopes, and questions with me. I know that each of them are called of God to serve in Latvia. They are going to touch many lives. I hope that I was able to help them, even a little, as they prepared to serve these people.





From left to right, they are: Elder Mills, Elder Garner, Elder Holdaway, Sister Sutterfield, Me, Sister Ferrin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie~
    I'm Andrew's cousin Dave's wife (got that?) :) Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and tell you congratulations on graduating and Lil' Will. He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete