William Belnap Priddis was born on Monday, July 5, 2010 at 10:21 am. He weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces and measured 19.5 inches.
Will only weighed 7 lb 1 oz when we left the hospital 2 days later. He was a bit yellow. His bilirubin count was high...Jaundice. We had to go get his foot stabbed at the health clinic the next few days to check if his count went up. He's such a good baby, barely even cried when they poked him. Both times it went up. So, he is on the lights. He lays in a bilirubin bed and wears a bilirubin blanket. He is supposed to stay in the bed AT ALL TIMES. It is so sad, because I only get to hold him when he's feeding. And even then, I have to keep the bili-blanket on him :(
It's supposed to be the worst thing ever to have to wake up and feed babies in the middle of the night. I have to disagree. Last night I slept with the baby in his light bed right next to my bed. Every time I woke up to check on him, I woke up with a smile. I looked forward to his feeding times in the middle of the night so that I can at least hold him. I'm amazed at how much I love this little guy.
I'm counting down the days till we get rid of this bili-bed.
I also had no problem getting up to feed in the middle of the night. It's tiring, and I even fell asleep sitting up several times, but I loved it. Just mom and baby time. I hope you get rid of the bili-bed soon, too.
ReplyDelete