For the past couple of nights, Little Will has been doing so well. No fussing. We just wake him up and feed him and then he goes back to sleep. Before that, however, we had quite a time. The night worth noting began with the boy waking up just as it was time to go to bed. Eyes wide open. Sleep was not on the agenda. After hours of fussing and coaxing, he finally fell asleep. When he woke up, the bilibed he was sleeping on was wet. I assume there was a leak... So, Andrew cleaned the bed while I fed the babe.
The next feeding wasn't too bad. It was the diaper change that was note-worthy. We were changing him on the bed, I say we because it's still a 2 man job, and it was a messy one. As we removed one diaper, I heard a little squeek, next thing I know, poop shot out of that boy like shrapnel from a cannon. I was the immediate target, but Andrew was also a victim. The bed didn't fare too well either. There was nothing to do but laugh because really...how can you be mad at that little face? I wish I could have captured it all on video. Unfortunately, even an after-photo wasn't possible given our night-time attire. So, I cleaned myself up. Andrew changed the bedding. And we made a new rule: No changing diapers on the bed.
Congrats on the arrival! He is soo cute! Love his little dimples too. Sounds like you had a pretty easy labor. I'm sorry that your doctor left you. Mine did the same thing and ended up delivering three other women on the way.
ReplyDeleteI found you! You have a darling family :)
ReplyDeleteThis entry made me giggle - oh the memories! Nothing stains quite as well...