
I didn't think I would be the worrying kind of mom. To an extent, I don't think I am. I do, however, worry that Mushka (the family dog) will take a chunk out of Will if given the chance. Not violently, just playfully. But there's nothing playful about a baby being mauled by a dog. I also worry that I won't hear him in the night and he'll roll over and suffocate or something. But this morning, my overprotective side got the better of me. There aren't many things that really make me mad. Sure I get frustrated plenty, but mad enough to cuss...that takes quite a bit. Well, this morning was one of those times. Will had an appointment to be circumcised at 8:40. We were running late, of course. We went to put him in the car and as we opened the door, a cat jumped out. Yes, that's right. A cat jumped right over the car-seat and out of the back of our little car!!! Apparently, we had left a window down. I felt my blood boil as I slowly expressed my fury...
Maybe it is my experience with one too many strays in the Middle East or in Latvia, but random cats are not to be trifled with. Who knows how many diseases one little stray could carry. And now I was expected to put my one week old baby boy in the confined area where one has nestled for the night? I think not! Unfortunately, we didn't have many options. So, I made sure there were no baby kittens or feces, strapped the poor defenseless boy in, and headed to the health center.
ps-our boy is now foreskin-less.
pps-for you cat lovers out there. I don't hate cats. I actually was very fond of snuggling with our cat growing up. But the experiences I've had with vicious strays has given me a bias.
No comments:
Post a Comment